Friday, April 26, 2013

DBE Through a Kid's Eyes


Yesterday, April 25th, was Bring your Child to Work Day and DBE had the good fortune to be joined by Zachary, the 10 year old son of our Business Administration Manager, Candida Pangaldi. We all thoroughly enjoyed having Zachary with us and loved his take on what we do and how we do it. For your reading pleasure, in his own words, here is Zachary's post for DBE:

I spent the day with my Mom for Bring Your Child to Work Day learning what she and others she works with do at Digital Brand Expressions. There were several meetings scheduled for me to meet with people and learn what they do. It was a busy schedule. My Mom helped me come up with a few questions I could ask each of them to learn more about what they do at DBE.

First, I met with Rob at 9 a.m. Rob does site clicking and coding. He used a lot of big words and some I didn't know what they meant. But he was very nice.

Next I met with Marc. He uses programs and gets reports, stats, and graphs that help him figure out how many people are on the sites now and how many people are on there for other months. This helps DBE help other companies get more customers. I think his job is very interesting. He told me to do his job you have to take a Google class and open book test along with other types of classes. His favorite part of his job is to figure out how many people are on different sites.

At 10:15 a.m. I met with Lauren. Lauren works with Adam and she makes close relationships with DBE clients. Lauren told me that to do her job you need to go to college and get a degree. Her favorite part of her job is working with her clients.

Then I met with Adam who works with Lauren. Adam tests out other client’s products and gets to travel to where the clients are located. Adam told me his favorite part of his job is that he gets to travel to different places and try out other client’s stuff.

At 11 a.m. I met with Mrs. Fielding, the owner of DBE. She has a very busy job making sure everything runs smooth. She said she is always on the phone and works on getting new clients for her company. She showed me what Google and Yahoo! see behind the websites. I thought that was really cool! Mrs. Fielding is so nice and showed me a lot.

I met with Meghan who does DBE’s writing for websites at noon. She posts blogs about different tips, writes a lot, and researches ideas. She is still going to college and she is always asking others for advice so she can learn more. Her favorite part of her job is getting to write blogs and tips for other people.

Lunch time! I got to have pizza with the whole company in the conference room… yum!

At 3 p.m. I met with Trishna and Bethany. They make advertisements for Facebook and other websites. They showed me a video advertisement for Coca Cola and how marketing works. Then they showed me a funny picture of a Star Trek app that you can post a picture of a person to and make them a Star Trek character. They took a picture of Adam and turned him into a Borg. It was pretty funny. I learned that Trishna is going to school to get her Masters degree in marketing. Both Bethany and Trishna love making advertisements for websites.

I met with Andrew next and learned he puts up pictures and description boxes for clients on websites like Pinterest. I thought his job was cool. Andrew is just finishing college. He also took the Google class and test just like Marc. His favorite part of his job is posting things on the internet.

At 3:30 p.m. I met with Pam. Pam is the boss of all of the teams. She makes sure everyone is doing their job and when she gets an idea she tells the clients as a suggestion to help them build their business. She told me she is good at her job because she got a college degree and has learned through experiences.

The last person I will tell you about is my mom who I spent most of the day with. She is the Manager of Business Administration. She takes care of office things, computers, employees, and manages DBE’s money. I think she has a pretty important job. She told me her favorite part of her job is getting to do a variety of things so she is not bored and working with great people. I think she is pretty lucky to work at DBE and I love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment